Index/Match with Wildcard - VBA code

witedwarf

Hello all I hope someone may be able to help me. I have a large data set that I utilize index/match for to pull out keywords based off of a defined data set (actually 3 separate data sets that change frequently). I am wondering if there is opportunity's for the following. Speed up my index and match lookups (I cannot remove the formulas because as of right now the data changes as I am building my lists)

I have a couple of questions. is there a VBA code that can process this faster? Also this may be out of scope for this forum but is there a way to do this in SQL?

Currently I am doing an index match on 100,000 rows multiple times (I look in 3 separate fields 3 times for each for a total of at least 9 index and match lookups. The reason is when something is not found it may be found in another field, such as Summary, Description or a Notes field.

See formulas/table data below

Let me know if there is anything else I need to add, thank you in advance for any help.

My main Source Data

Index and Lookup Sample.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1SummaryDescriptionNotesApplication on summaryDevice on summaryIssue summaryApplication on DescriptionDevice on descriptionIssue on DescriptionApplicaton on NotesDevice on NotesIssue on Notes
2I want to put a lot of data here in regard to access restrictionsthere is even more data here but this is just an example of excel accessWay more detail here but looking for specific phrasesActive DirectoryDevice Not FoundAccess RequestMicrosoft ExcelDevice Not FoundIssue Not FoundApplication Not FoundDevice Not FoundIssue Not Found
3One note is my problemOne note does gives me access deniedI cannot open one note, re-installed one note now I can accessMicrosoft OneNoteDevice Not FoundIssue Not FoundMicrosoft OneNoteDevice Not FoundIssue Not FoundMicrosoft OneNoteDevice Not FoundIssue Not Found
4Outlook wont open password issuePassword is not working please reset my passwordReset user password now they can accessMicrosoft OutlookDevice Not FoundOpening - OutlookApplication Not FoundDevice Not FoundIssue Not FoundApplication Not FoundDevice Not FoundIssue Not Found
5my laptop screen is brokenlaptop screen brokesubmitted request for new laptopHardware - Monitor/ScreenLaptop - GenericMonitor/Screen - BrokenHardware - Monitor/ScreenLaptop - GenericIssue Not FoundApplication Not FoundLaptop - GenericIssue Not Found
Problem issues reported
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2:D5D2=IFERROR(INDEX(Application[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Application[Application]&"*",$A2,0)),1)),"Application Not Found")
E2:E5E2=IFERROR(INDEX(Device[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Device[Device]&"*",$A2,0)),1)),"Device Not Found")
F2:F5F2=IFERROR(INDEX(Issue[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Issue[Issue]&"*",$A2,0)),1)),"Issue Not Found")
G2:G5G2=IFERROR(INDEX(Application[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Application[Application]&"*",$B2,0)),1)),"Application Not Found")
H2:H5H2=IFERROR(INDEX(Device[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Device[Device]&"*",$B2,0)),1)),"Device Not Found")
I2:I5I2=IFERROR(INDEX(Issue[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Issue[Issue]&"*",$B2,0)),1)),"Issue Not Found")
J2:J5J2=IFERROR(INDEX(Application[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Application[Application]&"*",$C2,0)),1)),"Application Not Found")
K2:K5K2=IFERROR(INDEX(Device[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Device[Device]&"*",$C2,0)),1)),"Device Not Found")
L2:L5L2=IFERROR(INDEX(Issue[Translation],AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($1:$6)*SIGN(MATCH("*"&Issue[Issue]&"*",$C2,0)),1)),"Issue Not Found")

All of the "Keyword" Tables below contain 100s if not in to the 1000s of words or phrases.

Application table

ABC
1ApplicationTranslationsorting order
2OutlookMicrosoft Outlook1
3ExcelMicrosoft Excel1
4ScreenHardware - Monitor/Screen1
5Password ResetActive Directory1
6Access RestrictionActive Directory1
7One NoteMicrosoft OneNote1
Application

Device Table

ABC
1DeviceTranslationsorting order
2LaptopLaptop - Generic1
3DesktopDesktop - Generic1
4FireflyHP Firefly1
Device

Issue Table

ABC
1IssueTranslationsorting order
2Password ResetActive Directory1
3Outlook wont openOpening - Outlook1
4Screen is brokenMonitor/Screen - Broken1
5Access RestrictionAccess Request1
Issue

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back