SteveOranjinSteve

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Hope you're all well. It's been over a year since I've hopped on here. I've used Vlookup A lot... I'm familiar with the fact that Index/Match is superior, but I've never had a need for it before. Here is the situation...

"Table entitled - 'Restricted_Table'"
JDE Code (A1)Country Code (B1)Restriction?(C1)Country(D1)
1123567 (A2)AD (B2)Regulatrory Restrionction.... (C2)Andorra (D2)
12345 (A3)VA (B3)Regulatory Restriction (C3)Vatican City (D3)

Table I'm working from. (These are both on different tabs by the way.)

Number (A1)Country (B1)Local Registration License Number (Equivalent to JDE Code) (C1)Registration Expiration Date (D1)Restriction (E1)
1 (A1)Mexico (B1)1123567 (C1)7/31/2023 (D2)=INDEX(Restricted_Table,MATCH(1,(Restricted_Table=D3)*(Restricted_Table!E3:E4574),0),3) (E2)
2Andorra11235677/6/2022
3Vatican City123458/25/2019

The formula I have entered I do not think is even remotely close. If anyone could help me understand what I must do, so that I can match the contents of table 1 to the contents of table 2 on the criterion of BOTH COUNTRY and JDE Code, I would be greatly in your debt. There are multiple JDE Codes, which I have provided a small sample of.

The formula is the one I have just used, the tables do not correspond perfectly to what I am attempting to do. Please let me know if there is any other information you need. Hope you are well!

Steve

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hello,

this is a lookup with two parameters. You need to combine the Country and the JDE to the lookup value and also combine the two columns in the lookup table with another Index. Something like this

=INDEX(Restricted_Table[Restriction?],MATCH(Sheet3!C2&Sheet3!B2,INDEX(Restricted_Table[JDE Code]&Restricted_Table[Country],0),0))

Upvote 0
Hi Steve,
try with an Array Formula in cell E2, must be entered by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter, the formula bar will show the formula surrounded by curly brackets {=...}
=INDEX(Restricted_Table,MATCH(1,((Restricted_Table[Country])=B2)*((Restricted_Table[JDE Code])=C2),0),3)

Upvote 0
Another way with a "regular" formula

=LOOKUP(2,1/((Restricted_Table[Country]=B2)*(Restricted_Table[JDE Code]=C2)),Restricted_Table[Restriction])

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back