Index Matching + Data ranges inside a MINIFS()

cbmxd

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hey there Excel Wizards, got a tricky problem here I couldn't find a solution for. I'm using a data set for campaign spend on a daily basis. In short, I need to pull in the budget of each campaign to each of my rows in my data set. I can match on campaign and advertiser name without a problem, but because there can be multiple flights of a campaign I also need to match on a date. Tricky thing is the majority of dates will not be an exact match.

Below are two screenshots of my sheet; one is a table with my data and calculated values (column H, highlighted in orange, is where my issue is), the other is where the flight data lives in Campaign Flights!B6:F1007. If it works properly, the value in cell H2 should be $10,000 and H3 should be $15,000. The formula I have been using in column H is as follows:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([@Advertiser]),"",INDEX('Campaign Flights'!$B$6:$F$1007,MATCH(1,([@Advertiser]='Campaign Flights'!$B$6:$B$1007)*([@Campaign]='Campaign Flights'!$C$6:$C$1007)*([@Date]-MINIFS('Campaign Flights'!$E$6:$E$1007,[@Advertiser],'Campaign Flights'!$B$6:$B$1007,[@Campaign],'Campaign Flights'!$C$6:$C$1007,[@Date],">="&'Campaign Flights'!$E$6:$E$1007)+1=[@Date]-'Campaign Flights'!$E$6:$E$1007+1),0),3)),0)

The key in this equation is the MINIFS() I'm using since one of my ifs is referencing a range of cells instead of a singular cell or value. For reference, before I tried index matching using date I was receiving the correct values using this formula:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([@Advertiser]),"",INDEX('Campaign Flights'!$B$6:$F$1007,MATCH(1,([@Advertiser]='Campaign Flights'!$B$6:$B$1007)*([@Campaign]='Campaign Flights'!$C$6:$C$1007),0),3)),0)

Multiple campaign flights mess this up pretty bad. Open to ideas/thoughts/alternative solutions!

Attachments

• flights.PNG
    flights.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 13
  • table.PNG
    table.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Welcome to the Forum.
You will generally get a better and faster response if you use XL2BB to provide a sample of your data rather than a picture. It often takes longer to set up the test data than to provide a possible solution.

See if this works for you:
20221201 Lookup Dates cbmxd.xlsx
ABCDEFGH
1DateAdvertiserAdvertiser IDCampaignCampaign IDAdvertiser Currency CodeAdvertiser Cost (Adv Currency)Campaign Budget
21/01/2023Example Advertiser NameAdvertiser IDExample Campaign NameCampaign IDUSD333.33$10,000
35/02/2023Example Advertiser NameAdvertiser IDExample Campaign NameCampaign IDUSD333.33$15,000
Spend
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H2:H3H2=XLOOKUP( 1, ( 'Campaign Flights'!$B$6:$B$1007 = [@Advertiser] ) * ( 'Campaign Flights'!$C$6:$C$1007 = [@Campaign] ) * ( 'Campaign Flights'!$E$6:$E$1007 <= [@Date] ) * ( 'Campaign Flights'!$F$6:$F$1007 >= [@Date] ), 'Campaign Flights'!$D$6:$D$1007, "" )

In case others want to provide a response here is the other sheet as an XL2BB

20221201 Lookup Dates cbmxd.xlsx
BCDEF
6AdvertiserCampaign NameBudgetFlight Start DateFlight End Date
7Example Advertiser NameExample Campaign Name$10,0001/01/202331/01/2023
8Example Advertiser NameExample Campaign Name$15,0001/02/202328/02/2023
Campaign Flights

XL2BB Instructions
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Solution
Alex, you are a saint that works! Really appreciate the help here, hadn't used an XLOOKUP() before :D

Thanks for the note about the forum pages as well. Newbie me wasn't sure the best place to post. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back