Index name of a product

Med4040

Board Regular
Hi guys,

First of all, my apologies because I am attaching a picture. The excel add-in to upload files didn't seem to work with me

I have this table of products. Some products have one active ingredient and some have more than one.

I need help with a formula (in another table) that finds the name of the active ingredient that has the highest score
For example, for product (row 78) there are two active ingredient, so the formula would give me "Hydrochlorothiazide"

Thank you

24cwt3o.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Does this succeed on your data?

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=INDEX($C$2:$C$500,MATCH(MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("gardia",$B$2:$B$500)),$Q$2:$Q$500)),IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("gardia",$B$2:$B$500)),$Q$2:$Q$500),0))

Upvote 0
Thanks Aladin,

I should have mentioned that I am looking for any product. The other table I referred to, in my first thread, is on another tab and looks like this
So, row 4 should show me the active ingredient for the product in row 1 that meet my criteria.

afhn2p.jpg
[/IMG]

Upvote 0
It works when I added the formula in the first table :)

Now I put the formula in another tab. I tried to change the range but I am missing something.
In the second tab, the product range is E4:LL4. The first tab is called ProductMatrix

INDEX($E$4:$LL$4,MATCH(MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B78,$B$2:$B$500)),ProductMatrix!$Q$2:$Q$500)),IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B78,$B$2:$B$500)),ProductMatrix!$Q$2:$Q$500),0))

Did I miss something?

Upvote 0
Aladin, I got it now :)

It should be like this

INDEX(ProductMatrix!$C$2:$C$500,MATCH(MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(E1,ProductMatrix!$B$2:$B$500)),ProductMatrix!$Q$2:$Q$500)),IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(E1,ProductMatrix!$B$2:$B$500)),ProductMatrix!$Q$2:$Q$500),0))

Thank you so much for your help

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back