Indirect problem

handysmurf

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'll perhaps get more in depth if needed but for now is there anything obviously wrong with this formula?

I'm trying to narrow down the problem by breaking the formula down into pieces. Here is what I've done and where it breaks.

"=SUM(INDIRECT($U$2&$G39):INDIRECT($U$2&$H39))" This works

"=SUMIF($R$5:$R38,"D",U5:U38)" This works

"=SUMIF($R$5:$R38,"D",INDIRECT($U$2&$G39):INDIRECT($U$2&$H39))" This is where it breaks and returns $0, not the answer I want.

It gets more complicated ultimately but this is the hurdle.

Well the reason for the variance is that its keeping track of income and expenses but with rows that total the day, week, month, and year. I need it not to overlap into previous days, weeks, months, or years. I don't really care what the sum range is as long as it doesn't overlap ... does that make sense. I don't mind uploading the workbook if needed if I can figure out how. That link for app has disappeared. I do understand what you said though ... the criteria range and the sum range need to match as far as beginning and ending rows.

I may need further help with some variances of that formula but I want to consider what you have said as well as some other things before I post about it though. Since they will be variants I will post here if needed. I think I just needlessly spent hours on a formula... LOL smh

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back