Individual User passwords that only show their results

BryanC72

Hi all,

I have a sheet showing consultants results in a pivot and I'm using 2 slicers for filtering.

I'm trying to achieve a password situation and I'd like each consultant to have their own password to the same sheet but when they enter their unique password, they are only able to see their own data and nobody else's.

Is this something that can be done while using slicers or even multiple passwords on 1 sheets by linking the passwords to specific filter conditions???

For example: Consultant 1 opens the sheet and is asked for their password and then the data filters to show only Consultant 1 data and locks the rest of the data away from view. They would also not be able to use the Name slice to then select another consultant. I can lock that slicer from operation and just leave the posting date slice active when protecting the sheet, which should elevate this problem I think but don't know how to implement the individual password concept.

1588158519677.png

I would like to hide the other consultants names in the slicer once an individual enters their own password so they can't select anyone else.

I hope I've explained this ok.

Are you able to suggest any solution for this problem please.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back