information provided by dates

jwgreen1986

Board Regular
ill try to keep this simple. basically i have a start date and an end date of an employee.

the first thing i want to do is work out how many days a person has worked over a quarter. so i need something that will work out how many days there are in jan feb and mar and add these together. then do the same for apr may jun and so on.

next i want to look at a persons start date and work out how many of the days they have worked in a quarter. for example, if they started on 5th feb there pro rate would be 23+31 which equals 54 days out of 89 (jan - mar).
i would also like to do the same but with an end date. so if someone leaves the company id like to know how many days they have worked before they have left.

the next thing i would like to do is populate some month fields. so i would have the 3 months of the quarter listed. then looking at their start date and end date i would like to simply put yes or no in the month cell for each employee as to whether or not they were working for the company in said month. for example if an employee started working in the company on 17th feb they would have no in jan but yes in feb and mar. again i would then like to do the same for leaving date.

this has really got me stumped. im trying to think of formulas i can use but can think of any. is there a simple way of doing it, or will i need to change the start/end date to a different format to work out the days they have worked?

any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back