Inherited Excel Sheet

donnajay314

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am in no way an advanced Excel user. I started a new job which I inherited a huge spreadsheet that has information as far back as 2011. Right now, its all good because 2021 was done by the previous employee. I am required to add the new data/chart/info for 2022. I am starting now, yes. (my own copy) There are so many formulas, references etc. I no nothing about. I am in way over my head. Can anyone suggest a way to do this, book, you tube etc. There are 3 business that I am keeping track of for every month. They feed all over to other sheets. Helpful info please, I don't need the negative comments. ALSO: I have purchased quick sheets and some excel training books but I have no idea what I am doing to even train.... Sorry for the long post... Everyone on here has always been helpful.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
what books have you purchased ?
Not sure what Quick sheets are , I assume some sort of "cheat Sheets" showing details of various functions in excel

I think it will be difficult to advise as the complexity of the spreadsheet may vary from relatively simple to complex
but I have no idea what I am doing to even train
Youtube can also be a useful source

I understand your issue , as in my career i have had to pull apart other peoples spreadsheets and it can be quite difficult following their logic , especially if this has been adapted and modified as requirements change
Which I suspect it will have done since 2011

Your showing version 365 in your profile, but i suspect the spreadsheet may have been created in previous versions 2007/13 etc

you may be able to break down bits at a time and ask questions here on those details

How is the spreadsheet updated , is this manual input each day./week/month/year
is the data all held in 1 sheet ?

Are you able to mockup a sample sheet , with NO confidential private data ?

maybe post in a new questions some of the functions , that you do not understand how they work.

I assume there was NO handover from the previous employee at all

Upvote 0
put that info , with as much explanation as you can into another post with the specific question - makes it easier for people to reply

Any answers/comments to some of my other points i made ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back