Inkpicture drawing is invisible on Userform Control

ConorN

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have a workbook that records sign ins and sing outs of clients via a userform. When they come in they fill in some details on the userform, that's logged on the next available row in a worksheet.
When they leave they fill in some more details and when done another userform pops up with an InkPicture control, in which they sign their name (using a stylus or finger on touch screen). The control save the image, resizes it and adds it into the row recording their data.

For some reason while they are signing, nothing shows in the Inkpicture control. The image saved from it saves just fine, so it is recording the brush strokes, but nothing is visibly happening on screen while they write.
I have zero idea why.
the image attached shows the issue, the control is blank (Signature invisible), but the image file has been successfully created and saved to the worksheet.

Attachments

• Blank Control.png
    Blank Control.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 31

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Ok, no idea why it was happening. But deleting the InkPicture control from the userform and re adding it fixed the issue.

Upvote 0
I only just saw your query now, and had just finished trying testing it out on my computer, only to discover that you yet again beat me to the punchline - I really should read these things through to the end.

So I have no idea why either - I was going to ask if you experienced the same problem if you were to start a new userform and add a new InkPicture control, but you beat me to it.... For completeness, I checked the following properties:
  • AutoRedraw - True / False
  • Collection Mode - Ink / Gesture / Ink & Gesture
  • Dynamic Rendering - True / False
  • Enabled - obviously not that
  • InkEnabled - not that either
Nothing seemed to cause a similar problem to the one you outlined.

The only thing I could think of is maybe the ink is set to white, but I suspect you'd be able to tell from the picture. Other than that, perhaps some misconfigured code?
Sorry. I'd be interested to know what the problem was if you ever find out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back