input box, row locate

willsnake

Hi again,

I am here again seeking help...

What I am trying to accomplish is that, I wish to show an input box where I will input text or number, then a macro will locate the range and identify the row number, then there will be a code for that certain row. Then it will loop until there is no more text or number to locate...

Thnx in advance...

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Suppose A1 is your input cell, and then a CommandButton is placed beside it, would that work for you?
Um? Do you somehow need another form of prompt to activate such a thought?

Upvote 0
an image in my excel will be assigned by a macro that will open an inputbox, then in that inputbox, I will input the data that need locating.

Upvote 0
an image in my excel will be assigned by a macro .......
Please clarify what you mean by "an image". How is that supposed to appear? Will you want to locate a macro button somewhere on your page to call the macro that gives the input box, AND then continues with your work?

If I seem to be too analytical then your opening comment was not sufficiently clear to me.

Upvote 0
an image or a picture assigned or linked to a macro when clicked. it will become like a button that will activate a macro which will open a inputbox.

Application.InputBox("Select the cells in Project Data to process", Type:=1+2)

above will be one of the code that opens an inputbox, I will enter a text or a number, then the macro will find the cell containing that text or number and memorize the ROW number. Then I will run a code after I get the row number, no need to display the row number.

Upvote 0
My apologies, but I am still lost about that "Image".
What I am trying to accomplish is that, I wish to show an input box where ...

What I am initially trying to establish is THAT image. Is already part of the worksheet or is it to be triggered somehow to ask for your information?
If it is NOT on the sheet then you have to seek a macro. That being so I did offer an input cell and a button to begin the transaction.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the confusion... I may have been too excited to post my question here...

In my Excel, there will be a picture or image or a shape. Such image is in the worksheet, When I clicked it, it will open the input box.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the confusion... I may have been too excited to post my question here...

In my Excel, there will be a picture or image or a shape. Such image is in the worksheet, When I clicked it, it will open the input box.

Ok. I think you may need a visual explanation such as where the image is located, a sample of data and what the input box might be seeking. For instance, you say "row". Is the data sought in Column A only or elsewhere?

Upvote 0
Ok? The task then is, one clicks on the image in Col A &/or Col B.
A macro is activated which presents an input dialog box.
After entry the macro seeks the row in Col C which holds that data.
You don't really want to see that ROW No because the current macro will be calling another macro to which that ROW No will be transferred? Right?

If that is the case I think we can get there. By the way "Application.InputBox("Select the cells in Project Data to process", Type:=1+2)" creates an error, your second quote should come after the "2".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back