Input Data Based on Criteria

NV Social Worker

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to generate a report each month based on activities offered on a given date, persons participating in the activities, and staff attending with the person. Some staff may be attending with multiple persons and I do not want to count them more than once. There may be multiple activities offered on each day, but I do not know how to get the dates of the activities and the activities to go from my spreadsheet to my report, without inputting the data manually. Additionally, I need to count how many persons participated in each activity and how many staff attended with the persons (again, only counting the staff once for each activity). I have looked through threads and the internet and I cannot figure out how to do this without manually putting in several rows with the dates (e.g., 06/10/21 over three rows) and then manually inputting the data. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

1625773756756.png
1625773800290.png
1625773849618.png

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Basically, I want to auto-populate the date, activity, and number of persons and staff attending the activity. I want to get the data from my cheat sheet and/or the monthly list of activities. If I need to format it differently, I can do so; this is just how I thought it would be easiest. I tried to upload the file, but I could not download the file needed to do so, as I am on my work computer and IT will not allow us to download files.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back