Insert cell value from other worksheets

mas1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi. I am creating a workbook with a dashboard. I need for specific cells in the dashboard to populate based on values in subsequent worksheets. What I need help with is the following:
The workbook consists of the dashboard and four tabs representing quarter one, quarter two, etc. I need the dashboard to reflect the latest entry, for example if a cell in quarter one is not null then replace the value in the dashboard with the value of that cell. If quarter two is not null then replace the same cell with the value in quarter two, etc.
I have tried IF, IF AND, and IF OR statements but I can't get beyond quarter two. When I extend the statement to include the value in quarter three, it gives an error.
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
While not pretty, something like this should work. It checks D1 on the 4th sheet (Quarter 4), then the third, second and first sheets.
Excel Formula:
=IF(Sheet4!D1<>"",Sheet4!D1,IF(Sheet3!D1<>"",Sheet3!D1,IF(Sheet2!D1<>"",Sheet2!D1,IF(Sheet1!D1<>"",Sheet1!D1,""))))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you very much. It works. I was making it more complicated than necessary.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply. It works great. Now, I have another question. I need to replace 0 with "-" without changing the currency format or the formulas in the cells. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Upvote 0
As it's unrelated to your original question, post it as a new question in the forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back