Insert cells in 3-D ranges

kaptainmidnite

I have a workbook for tracking my billing. In the Totals sheet, I have 3-D ranges to total all the billing per day across each sheet (client). When I insert rows to a particular client's sheet for a given day (to accommodate multiple billing items), the 3-D range does not update to include those rows like it would if I were to insert rows in a normal range. Is there any way to accomplish this without having to specifically write out each worksheet name in the total formula? (which will be a pain later on if I ever add or remove clients).

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I've found a reasonable workaround - using row 1 and 31 columns to display totals using standard ranges on each worksheet, then creating 3-D ranges on the Total sheet which reference those cells, which never move regardless of how many rows I have to use. Still, I'd be interested in other suggestions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back