Insert copied row below selected row

satheo

Trying to make a macro that inserts a copied row from sheet 2 below the selected row in sheet 1. I'm not sure about formatting but so far I have:

VBA Code:
Sub AddRow()

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A9:BU9").Copy  'this is what I want to copy, will be same row every time
    Sheets("Sheet2").Range(ActiveCell.Row).Select  'where I need help, want it to insert the copied row based on selection
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown

Application.CutCopyMode = False     'clears clipboard cause i have some other macros that would get messed up 

End Sub

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
How about
VBA Code:
Sub AddRow()

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A9:BU9").Copy  'this is what I want to copy, will be same row every time
    Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row).insert 'where I need help, want it to insert the copied row based on selection

Application.CutCopyMode = False     'clears clipboard cause i have some other macros that would get messed up

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
How about
VBA Code:
Sub AddRow()

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row).insert 'where I need help, want it to insert the copied row based on selection

End Sub
Thank you, this seems to work but it inserts the row above the selected one, can it be adjusted to insert it below?

Upvote 0
Try
VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row+1).Insert

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back