"insert cut or copied cells" function doesn't work

engbhs

In only one of my excel 2010 workbooks, "insert cut or copied cells" function doesn't work. Although I have been working with this workbook for along time, I have been faced this problem within last few days. If I insert a blank row and copy another row into this new row there is no problem. "Illustrations & Charts" tabs under the "insert" tab are not active also.

What would be happened and how can I solve this problem? How can I make active a/m tabs?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Do you get a "Cannot shift objects off sheet" message when trying to insert the cells?

Upvote 0
Dear Mark858,

First of all, thanks for your kind interest.
I have been using MS Office2010 Bussiness original program. I don't get any message. The row under which I want to insert cut or copied rows is flickering only seems like the insertion operation will be done and then there is nothing. I face with this problem in only one workbook. I have been using this workbook for 2 years without any problem. There is not any macro or hidden macro etc.

Your kind help would be highly appreciated.
engbhs

Upvote 0
I don't think it is this because you should have got the message box but you might as well check it.
File > Options > Advanced > Display options for this workbook > For Objects, Show and make sure the All box is checked.

Upvote 0
Dear Mark858,

Really I don't know how to thank you. My problem is solved by your help.

Thanks & best regards,

Upvote 0
Glad it helped (a bit puzzled why you didn't get the error message but ah well at least you got it working).

Upvote 0
Dear Mark858,

I have sent another thread of which subject is Macro & related sheet names problem to this forum on Mar 11. Unfortunately, I have never received a solution till now. Is it possible for you to try solving my that problem also?

It would be highly appreciated if you can help.
Best regards.

Upvote 0
Afraid I don't have time to look at it now and so I would suggest *Bumping* the orignal post up so that everyone can look at it.
I would also suggest copying the code into the thread again (but this time putting code tags around the code as it is difficult to read as it stands).
See below for how to use coe tags(put your code where the value is).
[code]value[/code]

Upvote 0
I don't think it is this because you should have got the message box but you might as well check it.
File > Options > Advanced > Display options for this workbook > For Objects, Show and make sure the All box is checked.

I just created an account purely to say thank you .. this was driving me nuts as it wasn't giving me an error message either, but your tip fixed my problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back