insert emprty row after every row of data

RAYLWARD102

I have a sheet that may have different amounts of data. 1 day it might have 20lines; the next maybe 100. I want a macro that will add 1 empty line below each row of data until the data ends.
example: before code has run

Code:
     A           B            C    
1  mike      test          test
2  bob       test          test
3  trevor    blah          blahbla

after macro runs:

A           B            C    
1  mike      test          test
3  bob       test          test
5  trevor    blah          blahbla
Any idea's?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
Try something like this...
Code:
Sub Insert_Rows()
    Dim LastRow As Long, r As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    LastRow = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1
        Rows(r).Insert Shift:=xlDown
    Next r
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

lapta301

Office Version
Platform
Windows
AlphaFrog

Is it possible to adjust this slightly to work on a range of selected rows rather than everything?

Thank you

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
AlphaFrog

Is it possible to adjust this slightly to work on a range of selected rows rather than everything?

Thank you
Try this adaptation.

<font face=Courier New><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Insert_Rows()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> LastRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, FirstRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, r <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <br>    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Selection<br>        FirstRow = .Row<br>        LastRow = FirstRow + .Rows.Count - 1<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> r = LastRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> FirstRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Step</SPAN> -1<br>        Rows(r + 1).Insert Shift:=xlDown<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> r<br>    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br>    <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

lapta301

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Peter

That works fine thank you very much

My regards to you from a gloomy Southern England

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Cheers. By the way, the 'Insert' line doesn't need the Shift:=xlDown
this would be just as good
Code:
Rows(r + 1).Insert

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lgorczyca

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...