Insert image into a specific cell in a table.

bisel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

Not sure this is possible, but giving it a shot to see if anyone has a solution.

I have a workbook that contains an inventory list of items. The fields (cells) in each row are description, quantity, unit of measure, account info, cost, acquisition date, etc. I would like to have a field (cell) where the user could paste an image of the item ... or even paste a link to the image where the image was contained in another location in the workbook. I want to do this to allow the user to filter and sort the inventory table and still retain the relationship of the image to the inventory item so that when a report is printed the image is printed with the other details.

Is this possible using Excel?

Thanks and best regards,

Steve

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
It's certainly possible. There is even a no-code solution, if that's easier:- it allows you to dynamically change the image in the picture field based on the contents of a given cell. So, for example, if you choose, "Apple" in the fruit field, then an image of an apple will appear. This is a useful solution where you anticipate that you may need to use the same image more than once.
The following links are different descriptions of the same method:
If the above approach is not quite right, let me know - it would be helpful to know more information about your needs: e.g., how many images do you expect you'll need? will you need the image or a path to the image? etc

Upvote 0
It's certainly possible. There is even a no-code solution, if that's easier:- it allows you to dynamically change the image in the picture field based on the contents of a given cell. So, for example, if you choose, "Apple" in the fruit field, then an image of an apple will appear. This is a useful solution where you anticipate that you may need to use the same image more than once.
The following links are different descriptions of the same method:
If the above approach is not quite right, let me know - it would be helpful to know more information about your needs: e.g., how many images do you expect you'll need? will you need the image or a path to the image? etc
Thanks, Dan. Good info. Working through it and able to adapt the methodology to my needs.

Thanks,

Steve

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back