Insert image into cell query

palaeontology

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
In a sheet called ... Character Lookup List .. I have the following setup in columns D and E ...
mr excel jpeg query 2.JPG

In the sheet called ... Year9 ... I have the following setup ...
jpeg mr excel query.JPG

the JPEG you can see in E2 has a defined name with the following formula ..

=INDEX('Character Lookup List'!$E$2:$E$8,MATCH(Year9!$E$5,'Character Lookup List'!$D$2:$D$8,1))

As you can see, the formula currently looks up the value found in Year9!$E$5 and compares it with the table in the sheet ... Character Lookup List ... yes, i used Index(match instead of vlookup, because at the time i began making it i wasn't sure my lookup table was going to be sorted in ascending order, so i left it as it was.

However, I'll be wanting to have one of those JPEGs positioned above each of the names you can see in that image ... in fact, there are only 12 names in that image, but in reality, there are about 300 names I'll be wanting a JPEG above.

Will I have to create 300 separate defined names (one for each JPEG) that refers to each of the value cells that they are to refer to .. eg .. E5, F5, G5, H5, i5, j5, E10, F10, G10, H10, I10, J10 ... OR is there a quicker, and easier way to have a JPEG above each name that refers to the cell value 3 rows below the position of the JPEG ... for example, the current JPEG sits in cell E2 and refers to the value in cell e5

Please tell me there's an easier way.

Very kind regards,

Chris

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back