Insert Items From Another Sheet

Dancaw

I wondering if you could help me with the following? .

Im trying to create something which seems rather complex for me. and i was wondering if it could be done and how?

I've just created a cost sheet and named the first Sheet "Estimate" with following columns (Qty, item, Unit Rate, Unit Discount, Unit Total, Unit Labour& Total labour).

then I've Created a Second Sheet labeled "Database" and with in that sheet i have following columns
(Item, Unit Rate, Unit Discount, Unit Labour)

This sheet will list day to day materials i will use on a daily basis and instead of having to retype them every day i could just select them on a drop down or something like that. from with in sheet "Estimate" when i select an item from database list it will be selected into the current line in sheet "Estimate" with information inserted into the matching columns.

Can this be done and how? or cold some start a template up for me?

Regards

Dan

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Welcome to MrExcel board...

those are both doable options. To create the drop-down lists with items on another sheet you will need to name the ranges, then with the data validation lists. The other options can be done with if statements using vlookup formulas. Example:

=if(a2="","",if(isna(vlookup(a2,yourtablerange,columnnumberhere,false)),"",vlookup(a2,yourtablerange,columnnumberhere,false))

Upvote 0
Well thank you for the quick response Lynne,

your have to break down your steps as that formula doesn't mean much to me sorry.

I Know if i Put the forms tool bar on i can create a drop down list. i don't really wont that. as some times i might want to type in a special item what's not from my database list and using that form of drop down create like a floating drop down.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back