Insert New Page in Page Layout

RattlingCarp3048

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Apologies if i have the wrong terminology here. I am trying to update a file that was preset to have page breaks in it. From the page layout view, if i simply start typing on the next blank page excel isnt recognizing it as a page 3 when i switch to page break view. I did try to add a page break but im not really familiar with these and its not yielding what i am looking for. Can someone school me here?

page layout view
1667453245646.png

page break view
1667453324694.png

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Have a look at Page layout ribbon tab -> Page Setup (little arrow at bottom right) -> Sheet tab and see if there is something in the Print Area field.

1667456621825.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Have a look at Page layout ribbon tab -> Page Setup (little arrow at bottom right) -> Sheet tab and see if there is something in the Print Area field.

View attachment 77714
sure was and that was it. i expeanded the range to include the additional columns and now its showing as page 3. Thanks for that!

side bar question... is there a way to leave pages 1-2 portrait and page 3 as landscape? i changed page layout > orientation to landscape but it changed all 3 pages to landscape and i dont want that.

Upvote 0
sure was and that was it. i expeanded the range to include the additional columns and now its showing as page 3. Thanks for that!
You're welcome. Glad that solved it. :)

side bar question... is there a way to leave pages 1-2 portrait and page 3 as landscape? i changed page layout > orientation to landscape but it changed all 3 pages to landscape and i dont want that.
Not in the same print job. Orientation is a property of the whole worksheet.
You would have to, say, have the portrait setting and print those pages then change to landscape and print those pages.
Depending on your exact requirements it may be possible to have a macro do all that for you when you want to print.
An alternative would be to have the landscape data (or a copy of it) on another worksheet set to landscape and print that one for the landscape and keep the print area of this worksheet restricted to the portrait section.

If you want further help on this aspect I would suggest starting a new thread about it.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad that solved it. :)

Not in the same print job. Orientation is a property of the whole worksheet.
You would have to, say, have the portrait setting and print those pages then change to landscape and print those pages.
Depending on your exact requirements it may be possible to have a macro do all that for you when you want to print.
An alternative would be to have the landscape data (or a copy of it) on another worksheet set to landscape and print that one for the landscape and keep the print area of this worksheet restricted to the portrait section.

If you want further help on this aspect I would suggest starting a new thread about it.
no, no need. was just a question of curiosity more than anything and i kinda figured that would be the route i would need to take for it. No worries at all. thank you so much for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back