insert picture directly in cell

focus72050

Board Regular
I would like to paste a picture in a cell or insert it or call it, and it goes in the cell. So if i wanted to copy that whole range it will copy the picture and paste it with everthing looking the same including the picture in the new range. the name of the pictures are also in a column so if i can find someway to say go to that column and then look for the name and that name corresponds with the picture so insert it here. thanks in advance, please be as detailed as possible. thanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Photos float over cells, unless you add a form frame or control object to the cell. So the fastest way to add photos to cells is to add a cell comment [Insert, Comment]. Then format the comment for "Pictures."

1. Right click on the cell with the comment.
2. Hover the pointer on the border of the comment. When it changes to a four sided arrow right click.
3. Select Format Comment
4. Select the Colors and Lines tab
5. Select Color (Drop down box arrow) for the next drop down menu.
6. At the bottom of the drop down box select Fill Effects
7. Select the Picture tab
8. Press the Select a Picture button
9. It will open you’re My Pictures file
10. Highlight a picture
11. Press Insert
12. Press OK and OK again.

Note: You will need your photos in accessible files/folder on the PC.

Upvote 0
Thanks but i think i need to word it differently, in addition to cutting and pasting the pictures im looking for to also print the pictures plus an automated way of adding the pics. I have the pic name in a column and the corresponding pictures in a file so i could just automatically add it or something to a cell. thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks, for the site, but im new to this and its a little too advanced for me. I didnt get to rephrase the question in this thread so im a do it now. By the way all u guys help so far. Here's me tyring to rephrase it.
I am creating a database of items in a store, and these items have their corresponding pictues in a folder. I have a column with the picture names and in a specified folder the picture exists. I would like to find the easiest way to add the pictures to a cell, hopefully the name being read from the column and then something goes and gets the picture. In addition, i dont want the picture to float, i want it to be in a cell so that i can copy and paste that range anywhere i want and the picture also goes with it and remains in a cell instead of floating. Thanks in advance your help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back