Insert Pivot table

Rob Fletcher

Hello Everyone, my colleague and i are big users of the Excel Power-suite of tools. We have built data models, employed Dax, created complex queries etc. and making great headway. However, when we used to click insert Pivot Table the dialogue box would allow us to go straight to the Data Model. This has vanished and regardless of how complex our workbooks, we only get the standard box.
1643792873300.png

We have checked our options and have the 'Prefer the Excel Data Model when creating Pivot Tables, Query Tables and Data Connections option checked.

All we can find is right clicking on the query we want to use and use the 'load to... option. Anyone got an idea of how we can get the preferred 'use data model' options back?
1643793042744.png

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Rob

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hi Alex, apologies, it never occurred to us to look there, we just expected the pop-up to default as it has in the past. Thank you for taking the time to answer, this will do for us.

Rob

Upvote 0
Thanks for letting me know. Glad I could help.
I seem to recollect someone posting that the default had changed and that they were asking for it to be changed back but I can't find the reference back so I can't be sure.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back