Insert Row based on User Selected Row#

MrACED

Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning MREXCEL.
I have a Master list of Job#'s that tracks our internal Job#s, customers, due dates, purchase order numbers etc.

We receive PO's and enter them as internal Job#s on this list. I am trying to create a user form activated by a command button called "Add PO."

My first question: Is there a way to allow the user to select the rownumber of the worksheet and then insert the user form data above the user selected row?

Our default for new entry's is to insert data at the top of the list which keeps most recent info at the top, we like this method versus a sort because often we add PO's to Job numbers that come in across a few weeks or months so we need the user to have the ability to input the desired rownumber of the sheet via input box (textbox) and then have that PO line be inserted above the selected row.

Thanks, I can provide some current examples of the spreadsheet if needed.

Functionally this is much better Thanks Mumps!

I like the Not found message that pops up if they enter the PO number wrong!

1.) Is there a way we can do the first two entry functions directly in the user form?
I'm thinking that if the user didn't have to exit the user form every time they wanted to copy and paste it would be more efficient.

The ultimate goal here being using VBA to eliminate human error, the spell check is a huge step towards that!
Your message box saying "Enter a new PO# and change existing fields..." is good and I like how you set focus right on the PO text box!
but I don't want the user to have the ability to screw it up haha!

Sooo....
2.) Can we have a warning message mentioning something along the lines of "PO# not edited do you still want to proceed?" just before It posts data to the work sheet? I figure a warning message is better than disabling because on the rare occasion we may be copying info when we don't necessarily have a PO but are expecting one, so we don't have a new PO# to enter yet, but you would still want the user to be able to post the information.

3.)I was also wondering if it is possible to do a visual alert when in copy/paste mode. For example in the Info Frame - the Textboxes would be a background of yellow until the user tabs thru them and then transition to green. This would visually show the user which Important information they have focused on or not. And then still have the warning message as a backup.

Thanks I appreceate all the help, It's so helpful to collaborate with someone that know how to manipulate VBA Coding better than me!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Sorry for the delay. I had to delete one of the frames in the userform to get the "setfocus" on the various textboxes to work properly. I hope that is OK with you. Click here for your file.
is possible to do a visual alert when in copy/paste mode. For example in the Info Frame - the Textboxes would be a background of yellow until the user tabs thru them and then transition to green.
Can you explain in more detail what you mean by this particularly " copy/paste mode"?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back