Insert row suming above numbers

windwardmi

Board Regular
I am using the below code to pull rows meeting a certain date criteria. The rows contain columns that I need to sum. Example: No. of regular hours and overtime hours.

How can I add a row after the right rows are pulled with the sum() formula in the column where I need it?

Code:
Sub TimeSheet()
'
' TimeSheet Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+t
'

Dim WS As Worksheet
Dim rightsheet As String
Dim StartDate As Date, EndDate As Date

StartDate = Application.InputBox("Start Date?")
EndDate = Application.InputBox("End Date?")
'ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = "&12" & rightsheet & Chr(10) & ActiveSheet.Name & Chr(13) & rightsheet & Chr(10) & (StartDate) & " To " & (EndDate)
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = "&12" & Chr(13) & rightsheet & Chr(10) & (StartDate) & " To " & (EndDate)

rightsheet = Application.InputBox("Employee Last Name?")

Sheets(rightsheet).Select
Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1").CurrentRegion.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(StartDate), _
    Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & CLng(EndDate)
'ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True, _
'IgnorePrintAreas:=False
End Sub

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Assuming the two values are in rows 1 and 2
Code:
Rows(2).EntireRow.Insert
acll = ActiveCell

With Workbooks("[B]NAME[/B]").Worksheets([B]NUMBER[/B])
For each c in .Rows(1)
.Range(acll).Copy
.Range(acll).Offset(2,0).Paste
.Range(acll).Offset(1,0).Copy
.Range(acll).Offset(3,0).Paste
Next
End With

This should work.. I hope ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The value rows can be numerous and unknown.

I'm totally confused on your code.

I would like to add a row right after the Autofiltered rows to sum a few columns like I, J, K, L, M, N

Upvote 0
I'm trying to add this code to get the sum but it seems to freeze up. What am I missing and can't see.

Code:
Sub GetSum()
lastRow = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(x1Up).Row
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b" & lastRow + 1) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b:b" & lastRow))

End Sub

Upvote 0
I must've completely misread what you wrote, because my code doesn't sum up anything.. oops.
From what I get you wrote (and forgive me I am wrong, it is late) you have values in two rows, which need to be summed up in a third row.

Again I am assuming the values are in row 1 and 2, so change to your liking
Code:
Rows(2).EntireRow.Insert
acll = ActiveCell

With Workbooks("[B]NAME[/B]").Worksheets([B]NUMBER[/B])
For each c in .Rows(1)
val1 = .Range(acll)
val2 = .Range(acll).Offset(1,0)
.Range(acll).Offset(3,0).Value = [FONT=Consolas]Application.Sum(Range([/FONT] val1, val2)
Next 
End With

Try this

Upvote 0
Tim,

Let me try to describe my workbook goal.

It is an employee time tracking project I want to share with my employees on SharePoint. On their assigned worksheet the employee will input time information by using a userfom they can pop up.

This userform asks for date, project no., location, actual hours worked and number of hours worked(RT, OT, TT)

When done inputting the employee clicks the enter button. The data will be inputted on next blank row of his worksheet in the correct column. This is repeated for every project worked and every day.

So now we have a record of our employee's time.

Then every 2 weeks when we do payroll I have the aforementioned code pull a report for each employee for a set period (2 weeks)

That 2 week report can be 14 lines (one for each day) or many more lines due to the employee working on multiple projects each day.

With that said I need to have totals of the number of hours worked for each time column. I.e. Regular Time, Over Time, etc.

I'm looking to add code to my original autofilter code to find the last line of data for that 2 week perion and sum the columns for Regular Time, OT etc. Presently columns I through P.

I fond this code on YOUTUBE link: https://youtu.be/_0Vcnb3xdOM and I can not seem to get it to work like it does online.

Code:
Sub GetSum()
lastRow = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(x1Up).Row
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b" & lastRow + 1) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b:b" & lastRow))

End Sub

I hope this helps you all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back