Insert row under each criteria

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My data starts from Column A2 to J1002

So column C has the criteria say "x", "y", "z", etc.

These criteria are sorted so they are grouped.

That's all x all y all z in that order.

So I want to insert a blank row after the last x, then a blank row under the last y in that order.

Row 1 is the header

I am looking for a vba solution to this.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Try this:

Code:
Sub a1090658a()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1002 To 2 Step -1
    Do While Cells(i, "C") = Cells(i - 1, "C")
        i = i - 1
    Loop
    If i = 2 Then Exit For
    Rows(i).Insert xlUp
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Unbelievable! !!

Very brilliant.

One last thing :

From column D to J are values that needs to be added.

And they are supposed to be placed inside those blank rows.

That's all x added all y added etc.

I am sure this is possible as well.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Do you mean value of col C will be copied to col D:J on the blank row?
Say there are only 3 "x" in col C, so col D:J will have "x" or only col D:F?

Upvote 0
Do you mean value of col C will be copied to col D:J on the blank row?
Say there are only 3 "x" in col C, so col D:J will have "x" or only col D:F?

I am adding all the column D values for "x" and place it inside that empty cell under the "x". Then I do same for E, F, ...J.

Then with criteria "y" , we do same as above. In that order.

That's finding Sub totals .

Upvote 0
Ok, try this:

Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] a1090658b()
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], j [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], k [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], n [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] q [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] r [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] va

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]1002[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]While[/COLOR] Cells(i, [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR]) = Cells(i - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR])
        i = i - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Loop[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR]
    Rows(i).Insert xlUp
[COLOR=Royalblue]Next[/COLOR]

n = Range([COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR] & Rows.count).[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR](xlUp).Row
q = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Each[/COLOR] r [COLOR=Royalblue]In[/COLOR] Range([COLOR=brown]"C2:C"[/COLOR] & n + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
    [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] k = [COLOR=crimson]4[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]10[/COLOR]
        x = r.Row
        Cells(x, k) = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range(Cells(q, k), Cells(x - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], k)))
    q = x + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]True[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

Upvote 0
More than expected! !!

Thanks for the time and effort spent.

Upvote 0
You're welcome, glad to help, & thanks for the feedback.:)

Upvote 0
Ok, try this:

Code:
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], j [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], k [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], n [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] q [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]1002[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]While[/COLOR] Cells(i, [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR]) = Cells(i - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR])
    [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR]
    Rows(i).Insert xlUp

n = Range([COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR] & Rows.count).[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR](xlUp).Row

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Each[/COLOR] r [COLOR=Royalblue]In[/COLOR] Range([COLOR=brown]"C2:C"[/COLOR] & n + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
    [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] k = [COLOR=crimson]4[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]10[/COLOR]
        x = r.Row
        Cells(x, k) = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range(Cells(q, k), Cells(x - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], k)))

Hello
Is there a way to add all the "sub total" into a cell say H2?

That's we add all those values in the sub total calculations we did into cell H2.

Regards

Kelly

Upvote 0
Ok, this is untested:

Code:
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] q [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], z [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]

Rows(i).Insert xlUp

x = r.Row
        z = z + Cells(x, k)
Range([COLOR=brown]"H2"[/COLOR]) = z

Edit:
If your data has decimal number, then change:
"z As Long" to "z As Double"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back