Insert Shape on Click

Littlemalky

Board Regular
Hi so I'm trying to come up with some cool functionality so that when you double-click on a product description it will change the data in a correlated chart to represent that product. I've got this part covered already; my code works. What I'd like to add to this is to insert an object (such as an arrow) into the blank cell to the left of the product name that points to the product that was selected after clicking it. This will help identify what was selected so we know which product the chart is representing.

Has anybody played with this idea? I'm not sure how to insert an object, especially setting a particular size and color for it, and also not sure how to place it in a particular location considering objects seem to float over the cells instead of being embedded in them.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Maybe just change the background font of the relevant product name cell. A whole lot easier and perhaps with the same functionality. I'm fairly sure that U could vba an arrow shape in a cell but then your adding and removing shapes which becomes difficult because of XL's naming convention. If U add a shape and then remove it, the next time U add a shape it's shape 3 when it comes to identifying it etc. etc. etc. More annoying than impossible however. Anyways, trial the VBA background font change. There's a background light blue that I prefer. HTH. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back