Insert text from cell into another cell multiple times to create paragraphs

robbie3797

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting and wasn't able to find anything which would relate to this...

In column A, I have a list of multiple (200+) countries and in column B, I'm trying to write a paragraph that will insert the country into selected places throughout my paragraph. I was able to find a solution by using the following:

=" This guide will help you better understand the laws, rules and regulations for importing and exporting to and from " &A2

The problem is that once I insert the A2 cell at the end, I can not add a period. I've been able to play around a bit and get it to add a period, but only with a space after the last letter from the cell in column A.

Additionally, I seem to be getting an error when using more than 255 characters in a single cell.

To explain a bit more about what I'm trying to do... I'm trying to create a cell that will populate with the corresponding country from column A while keeping the same paragraph structure and generic text for all 200+ rows/countries....

Any help would be much appreciated....

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Have you tried
=" This guide will help you better understand the laws, rules and regulations for importing and exporting to and from " & A2 & "."

Or
=SUBSTIUTE("This guide will help you better understand the laws, rules and regulations for importing and exporting to and from country.", "country", A2)

Upvote 0
Yes, I have. My problem is that I'm trying to insert more text (sentences/paragraphs). I'm trying to create webpages inside of excel, all with the same format, but one for each country.

When I do either of those methods, I'm limited as after I insert " & A2 & "."

The example sentence I provided was just one sentence, I need a few paragraphs, each with multiple sentences that will include the code
" & A2 & "."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back