inserted picture sized to cell wanting to mouse over to see larger image doing this few steps as possible

BobColorado

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Recent had some assistance with text in a cell and shown using macros, Alt+F8 AddNote copies the properties of the text and color of background, allowing a larger size and comment triangle.
I tried to apply this to picture i size to fit with in the cell, and the cell box itself and both show runtime error pop up Visual Basic.
I know of another way to do this mouse over, and it has or seems to have plenty of steps to achieve the result. Can you magic wizards of Excel, help and show me the steps and the way?

1592600979725.png
this shows what i have in my document with the macro cover up to show indicators when printing.

Related, interest is to show the Red comment indicator when printing, and i have done this to my main document as it covers up the displayed indicator and shows up for printing, but i want to know if this can be added to or can more than one Macros be stacked together/added together to do different things? I am wondering now, if i use the Alt+F8 select AddNote, then want to (if i can) add the cover up indicator, can or how is this done as well.

I am a novice to the wizardly tricks using Excel.

Thank you for any and all help.

Attachments

• 1592600375131.png
    1592600375131.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1592600386740.png
    1592600386740.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 9
I would be helpful if you simply listed what the user needs to be able to do (with respect to a single image) when using the worksheet

eg
user needs to be able to create\edit write a few notes about an image
image size should increase with mouseover and reduce when mouse is over a different cell
etc

or
image size should increase with mouseover
then user should be given opportunity to edit image notes
then image should reduce in size when mouse is over a different cell

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hello Yongle.
Sorry i have not responded before now, as i may not have previously shared that i would be going out of town for a couple weeks and now i am back.

Thank you for your questions.

I think your second statement is closer to the desired effect when other users reviewing the document mouse over the cell the smaller image would increase to a decent size and then returns to the smaller size when mousing off that cell.
There could be the desire to edit size of the larger image and then those steps as they may be different than the ones i have seen and been using.

THANK YOU for you patience and your continued assistance.

Bob

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back