Inserting a calendar into excel

SuzanneF

Hi,
I am creating a spreadsheet that has an area for one to enter a date. Is it possible for when they click on that cell a calendar to pop-up, much like on an airline's website when you have to enter dates to choose a flight? Does this make sense, if not I will try to explain further.

Thank you for your help-

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
While I did see that, the reason I asked my question is because I do not have Calendar Control 9.0 on my computer. I also wanted to know if there was a simple way of adding a calendar, like you find on an airline's website, to excel.

Thank you, please help me!

Upvote 0
Suzanne,
Even without calendar control, you can probably do this with data validation, dynamic named ranges and some quick date math. Please post back if you need more detail/suggestions on steps.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I do need your help. I am having issues with my computer today, things are getting sent twice.

Upvote 0
Suzanne,

Start by creating the set of dates you want to appear in the drop-down list. Pick an out of the way place in the same worksheet. Generate a starting date by using =TODAY() or =TODAY()-14 (for two weeks ago) etc. Then make a range of cells that contains all the dates you will need. If you want the user to have six months, leave room for ~200 cells. You could use various techniques to show every other day, even days, weekdays etc.

Then go to the cell you want the user to enter and pick Data>Validation>Allow List and select the range that contains your dates.

I was going to make this more complex by suggesting a dynamic named range but I don't think validation>list accepts them. Someone will correct me. Anyway the only reason for that is to prevent blank "options" from showing up in your list.

I hope this is not too simplistic and that it is helpful.

Alriemer

Upvote 0
I was actually hoping that someone would help me create a pop-up calendar, much like you find on an airline website when selecting dates of flights. Do you know how to do that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back