Inserting a Visible Autofiltered Row into Another Sheet (Excluding Header)

dreen

Board Regular
I am trying to AutoFilter (in column A of SHEET 1) the Active Cell in SHEET 2. Then I have an IF Statement that counts the number of Visible Rows, and if it is more than 1 (to exclude the header) then I would like to insert a new row into SHEET 3 and cut and paste the values of the Auto filtered Row in SHEET 1 into the new row in SHEET 3.

Then I clear the Auto Filter in SHEET 1, and insert a new row into SHEET 1 and cut and paste the values of the Active Cell's Row from SHEET 2 into the new row in SHEET 1. IF there are no results from the Auto Filter in SHEET 1, then the ELSE STATEMENT clears the Auto Filter in SHEET 1, inserts a new row into SHEET 1 and cut and pastes the values of the Active Cell's Row from SHEET 2 into the new row in SHEET 1.

Currently, I can't seem to get my code to work if the Auto Filter results in SHEET 2 are in any rows > Row 2. Here is my current code, I have commented to help with navigation:

VBA Code:
Sub Autofilter_Macro()

Dim sh1 As Worksheet
Dim sh2 As Worksheet
Dim sh3 As Worksheet

Set sh1 = Sheet1
Set sh2 = Sheet2
Set sh3 = Sheet3

Dim rng As Range
Dim AC As Integer
AC = ActiveCell.Row

sh1.AutoFilterMode = False 'Clears any AutoFilters from Sheet1

sh1.Range("A:A").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=ActiveCell.Value 'AutoFilters SHEET 1 column "A" based off the ActiveCell Row in SHEET 2

Set rng = sh1.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) 'Sets rng to visible cells

If (rng.Rows.Count > 1) Then 'Counts the # of visible rows

sh3.Rows("2:2").Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow 'Inserts an empty row (with the same format as the one below it) into row 2 of SHEET 3

sh3.Range("A2:CK2").Value = rng.Offset(rowOffSet:=1).Value 'Sets the new empty row's values in SHEET 3 = the values of the Autofiltered row in SHEET 1

sh1.ShowallData 'Clears any Autofilters from SHEET 1

sh1.Rows("2:2").Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow 'Inserts an empty row (with the same format as the one below it) into row 2 of SHEET 1

sh1.Range("A2:CK2").Value = sh2.Range(Cells(AC, 1), Cells(AC, 89)).Value 'Sets the new empty row's values in SHEET 1 = the values of the ActiveCell row in SHEET 2

MsgBox "Replaced Main Database" 'MsgBox indicating what has executed

Else

sh1.Rows("2:2").Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow 'Inserts an empty row (with the same format as the one below it) into row 2 of SHEET 1

sh1.Range("A2:CK2").Value = sh2.Range(Cells(AC, 1), Cells(AC, 89)).Value 'Sets the new empty row's values in SHEET 1 = the values of the ActiveCell row in SHEET 2
         MsgBox "New Entry into Main Database"

End If

sh1.ShowallData 'Clears any Auotfilters from SHEET 1

End Sub

I am cross referencing my post on another Forum as well:

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwindels

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back