Inserting additional activex checkboxes using vba

Andrewstupendo

Hello All,
I have a question. I would like to add check boxes (activex) under certain conditions. Let's say I have an active worksheet that I am using and I copy and paste additional rows of data into the worksheet. I would like the activex check box private sub worksheet macro to insert additional check boxes next to the new rows of data that I have added. The check boxes are in column K with a linked cell (false) one column offset - column L. I have inserted a sub (non-private) macro that works quite well when adding check boxes to ALL non-blank rows in column A, but it does not add check boxes in an incremental fashion.

here is the code for the non-private sub macro:

Code:
Sub AddCkBx()
    Dim Rws As Long, rng As Range, c As Range, CkBx As OLEObject

Rws = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    Set rng = Range(Cells(23, 1), Cells(Rws, 1)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23)
    Application.ScreenUpdating = 0

For Each c In rng.Offset(, 10)

With Sheet1.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Checkbox.1", _
                                   Top:=c.Top, Left:=c.Left, _
                                   Height:=c.Height, Width:=c.Width)

.Object.Caption = ""
            .LinkedCell = c.Offset(0, 1).Address
            .Object.Value = 0    'sets checkbox to false
        End With

Next c
End Sub

Many thanks to davesexcel for this coding.:):)

Is there any way that a private sub worksheet macro can add check boxes while the sheet is open and rows of data are being added in increments?
In other words, if range A136:A142 is not blank, but range L136:L142 IS blank, then fill in K136:K142 with checkboxes as described in the above code. Please see the inserted image of the spreadsheet below.

If this is not possible, I have another solution: Add checkboxes (and the attendant linked cells) to range K23:K300. And then, hide/unhide the check boxes if any cells in range A23:300 are blank/not blank.

I have inserted an image of the spreadsheet for your review.

Many thanks in advance.:):)

Best,
Andrewstupendo

2Q==

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Try the following code, which needs to be placed in the code module for your sheet (right-click your sheet tab, and select View Code)...

Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Option[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Explicit[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] Worksheet_Change([COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] Target [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] Range)
    [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Cells.Count > 1 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Row = 1 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Column > 1 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] Len(Target) > 0 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] rLinkedCell [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] Range
        [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] Rw [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Long[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkblue]Set[/COLOR] rLinkedCell = Cells(Target.Row, "L")
        [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] Len(rLinkedCell) = 0 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]
            Rw = Target.Row
            [COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR] Me.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.CheckBox.1", _
                                    Top:=Target.Top, Left:=Cells(Rw, "K").Left, _
                                    Height:=Cells(Rw, "K").Height, Width:=Cells(Rw, "K").Width)
                .LinkedCell = rLinkedCell.Address
                [COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR] .Object
                    .Caption = ""
                    .Value = 0
                [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR]
End [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back