Inserting HTML Code to Auto Populate- Unable to get Browser to Work from VBA Post.

jamiec1026

Greetings.. I have read the rules to post and searched the forums finding something I thought would work for me but have been unable to implement the suggested directions with success despite their clear step by step process and would be grateful for some help.

I am building an analytics dash with a lot of graphs and charts for an oil and gas company. I am trying to insert a bit of html code that brings up a small box with today's current oil prices. This info could the be plugged into another cell that would change certain elements and allow better forecasting.

The info I am trying to link comes from here which is a oil and gas site that offers free html to put this table info on your website.
Code for Crude Oil Dashboard

I have been using the directions I found in this forum thread
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/387722-html-into-excel.html

However, as I follow the directions, I am getting an error for the browser itself. The error reads "Compile Error: Method or Data Member Not Found." As well, from the code instruction in aforementioned thread, the ".WebBrowser1" portion is highlighted. Can someone kindly tell me where I am messing up? And- if you can look at the code for the oil price html I am trying to insert-- can you tell me a simpler method to use to accomplish this task or if I am attempting the impossible all together.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention. I really do appreciate the help. Best, Jamie Clark

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back