Inserting text into a textbox in an order upon clicking a command button.

ranjon333

Reason that I am doing this: I am a Severe Weather enthusiast and put watches and warnings onto my blog which can consist of multiple counties at one time.

What have tried to do for the last week is create an easier way for me to create the watch or warning messages that I post. Iv figured out a way to do it just cant figure out the code to make it all work and failed multiple times trying.

First let me give you the end result of what I am looking for. Picture this in a text box. A Tornado Watch has been issued in Michigan for the Counties of Kent, Ottowa, & Muskegon until 5:30 PM EST.

This is how I am hoping to get that info into that text box. Ill go from the start of the text box message part by part.

I have check marks for the different watches and warnings which i check what one it is I need and check it.

The text "has been issued in" needs to be text that always is there.

The State is the same way but this could be more then one state and when more then one is checked would have to know to do the format such as Michigan & Indiana or Michigan, Ohio, & Indiana.

Counties has to be the same as the states in that format.

Time I am thinking of having it read from another text box that i would enter it into.

Once I have all the check marks selected I want to be able to hit the command button and it would insert the text into the text box in the format I used as an example above so i could then copy that and put it onto my blog.

I really have tried to figure this out and have figured out some small parts of it but then end up not getting it to work together and end up back at square one.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back