Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi All
Firstly i just want to quickly say hope everyone on here has a lovely Christmas and fab new year in these difficult times. You guys go out your way to help guys like us therefore its really appreciated.

I was hoping you can help me give some more insight to these numbers..Maths is not my strongest point. What variables are required to help me get some insight to this..
For example

If My company took 5000 calls last Month with staff adhering to schedules 90% of the time snd this month they adhering to 93% of the time...this shows they’ve improved by 3%

Now what i want to be able to say is this

Extra 3% equates to roughly taking x amount of more calls...and would give us the potential to answer x amount of extra calls for the whole year

It also gives the agents an extra x amount of mins to handle each call and potentially gives us x amount if extra agents (7.4 hours is a normal working day)

Say average handling time is 500 seconds (if this variable is needed)

Even if they dropped adhering - i want to show how many calls potentially we dropped because of that..

Hope someone can guide me and give an example with a breakdown

This will help me month on month or week on week put some good insight to the numbers...

Really look forward to your answers
Thank you

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Seems to me like it would be a simple proportion. If they can process 5000 calls devoting 90% of their time to calls, then it would seem like 5000*93/90 would be how many calls the could process if they devoted 93% of their time to calls. So, if...

A1 = 5000
B1 = 90%
C1 = 93%

then the formula would be...

=A1*C1/B1

I think this assumes, on average, all calls take about the same amount of time.

Upvote 0
T
Seems to me like it would be a simple proportion. If they can process 5000 calls devoting 90% of their time to calls, then it would seem like 5000*93/90 would be how many calls the could process if they devoted 93% of their time to calls. So, if...

A1 = 5000
B1 = 90%
C1 = 93%

then the formula would be...

=A1*C1/B1

I think this assumes, on average, all calls take about the same amount of time.
thank you Rick - appreciated

so with this example would it mean the total calls answered potentially is 5166.66 or 5167 giving and extra 167 calls a day therefore over the course of the year (x365) it would equate to another extra circa65k calls?

To turn this into minutes extra gained would i do this? 167/(7.4 working day)/500 (Average handling time)?

Thank you once again....

Upvote 0
And also

If our forecast accuracy has improved by 25% - how much staff does that save by improving accuracy? - what variables are required for this

Upvote 0
I was a Civil Engineer during my working career so I am unfamiliar with what is involved in your follow up questions (your original question presented as a simple proportion to me which is why I answered t). With that said, I have no idea how to approach your last question. As to your first follow up question, I am not sure what the 7.4 is or where is comes from. However, if you know how many minutes on average a call takes, I would think your daily gain is the 167 extra calls you determined you would get times the number of minutes on average each of those calls would take to complete. You could then multiply that up by the number of working days in a year for your company.

Upvote 0
I was a Civil Engineer during my working career so I am unfamiliar with what is involved in your follow up questions (your original question presented as a simple proportion to me which is why I answered t). With that said, I have no idea how to approach your last question. As to your first follow up question, I am not sure what the 7.4 is or where is comes from. However, if you know how many minutes on average a call takes, I would think your daily gain is the 167 extra calls you determined you would get times the number of minutes on average each of those calls would take to complete. You could then multiply that up by the number of working days in a year for your company.
Thank you so much and apologies if I wasn’t that clear- I appreciate your input

7.4 is a normal working day
500seconds Is how long it takes on average per call...
We are open every day but agents work 5 days or shall i say no more than 37 hours a week... (Not Bank Holidays)

based on my example of gaining an extra 167 calls a day - if i multiplied that by 365 days that gives around 61k calls (should i use 365 or mutiply by average workdays in a year which i believe is 264 day)?
So 167 * 254 = 42,418

or 167 * (500secs/60 to get minutes) * (254 or 365) = ?
Which 1 would you go with to get a rough average or to put some rough insight to it

again thank you so so so much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back