Installation problem: "Can't find project or library"

hershmab

I am checking out a project developed in Excel 2010 for use in Excel 2007 on a client's computer. To try to avoid referring to any of my own macros in Personal.xlsb or a UDF.library, I have installed Excel 2007 in the Virtual XP machine running under Windows 7.

I have with difficulty got the project working to some extent. The macros stored in the project itself are being correctly recognized, but the VBA debugger will not compile them. It stops on the first VBA (built-in) function such as TRIM, LEFT or UCASE and issues the error message quoted above.

Excel Help indicates that there is a missing library reference, but its instructions for locating the missing reference and then finding and installing the appropriate library simply do not work at all. By comparing the 2007 version with the fully-working 2010 version, it appears that the missing library is either FUNCRES.XLAM or EUROTOOL.XLAM, but:
  1. I cannot find either of these in the Object Browser's list of libraries
  2. What I can find has no way of being inserted into the References list.

• Is there a real way of locating the missing reference(s) and then installing it/them in the References list?
  • If not, how could I install Excel 2007 as an additional program in Windows 7 itself without using the existing Excel 2010 versions of Personal.xlsb or my UDF.library?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hashengines

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...