Integration in Excel

JGLWouters

Is there any function or add-on available in Excel to do an integration calculation or to calculate the surface of an area under a graph?:confused:

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
What shape is your data in? It could be as simple as adding a column next to it which takes the product of the y-value and the delta-x and sums it sequentially.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer, but I'm familiar with the approximation method. I'm looking for a way to calculate the integral based on the function of the graph, from a starting value to an end value. I've tried to download several add-ons, but I can't find a proper one to do the job.

Upvote 0
I guess if you are looking to determine the true mathematical integral function you'd be better off using a product like Mathematica I am not aware of any Excel tools that are capable of algebraic integration

Upvote 0
I agree. Maybe something to consider for future versions of Excel? For now, let it rest, unless someone has an add-on solution that works.
Thanks again for your reply.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that one. I have Excel (Office) 2016, 64 bit and installed the trial version. Nothing showed. The 32 bit version didn't install either. I tried that one also.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back