internet connection only in a few cells

jigglypuff

Hello,

Is it possible to set only a few cells to be updated instead of the entire 'document' we are importing from the web?

i mean, i imported some data from the web but i do not need all of it, only a part, but I cannot get rid of the part I don't need cause every time I update the document it comes again with the new data! Is it possible to set the document to update only a few cells?

I tried to import only the part needed from the web but I couldn't, the document is available only in its entire format.

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I would try importing the document to a different Sheet, or to an area of your active sheet you are not using. Then just copy the cells you need from there.

I do that all the time, and then just don't use the portion I do not need.

Upvote 0
Sounds like something I would use some code to automate the process for me. Like chuck said, import to another sheet and copy what you do need over to where you need it to be.

All could be done automatically with a little VBA and save some time deleting what you don't need.

Upvote 0
The problem is that I need some of the cells to being updating, and this document I am talking about is extremely long so I have a lot of data I will never use occupying a lot of space in the sheet... It is something I think unnecessary and then would like to correct. But if there is no way to do so it is OK for me. Copying the data I need and then letting the rest on the other sheet does not work for me cause as I said before I need some of the data up to date and my formulas 'pull' the data directly from their original sheet.

thank you anyway!

Upvote 0
There are change event macros you can tie to the other sheet. And when one of those cells changes there, it will automatically copy the data you need immediately to keep things up to date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back