Intro to UserForms

zombiemaster

Board Regular
Hi, All...

I have been away for a year or so; no need to go into details but I've also been away from Excel for that amount of time as well. :(

So anyway, I am using a spreadsheet in my new job and see that it might be a good candidate for some automation. Right now, we input name, acct number, effective date, etc. into certain cells and formulas in other cells do calculations, then we print the form to go out to the customer (either in paper form or to PDF for emailing). When finished, we close the file but DON'T SAVE our changes, so it's a clean slate for the next person to use it.

I want to make a good impression and see if I can improve this spreadsheet - I would like it so that when the file opens (or when you click a button), a panel will appear to input the necessary data - click OK and everything magically appears where it's supposed to be, and the formulas update accordingly. There are a couple of fields that might remain blank, as well.

I think this can be done with UserForms, but I've only seen a couple and have definitely never created one - is there a good introduction-level website or tutorial that people might know about that can walk me through the steps of creating one to do what I've outlined above? Or maybe I'm wrong and there is a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any tips or websites!

~ZM~

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Have a look at the link below
and from the same people if you are willing to pay a small sum for a pdf course and addins to make life easier

Upvote 0
Have a look at the link below
and from the same people if you are willing to pay a small sum for a pdf course and addins to make life easier

Thanks, Mark858 - that looks pretty simple and I will play with it to see what I can do! Thank you!!
:cool:
~ZM~

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back