Sepsi

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help for creating an inventory database.
Basically what I want to achieve is:
- when bringing new items in the inventory: I will print barcode stickers and stick them on each new item brought in (on every item different barcode even if items are the same).
-with a barcode scanner scan the barcodes from each item and add them to column A of an excel sheet. After that input manually all the details about the item in different columns, for example: Name, date delivered, name of the person that booked in, existing amount of the item at delivery.
- when wanting to take something out of inventory: scan the barcode from the item, put in cell A of an excel sheet, put the amount taken out and date and by whom.
- and i would like the database to be able to updated itself every time an item is taken out.
So I suppose I would need one workbook containing at least 3 excel sheets: 1st sheet for booking in items, 2nd sheet for booking out itemsexcel, and a 3rd one for showing current stock?
Is there a way to create this?

Thank you in advance for reading my post and for your help.

Best Regards

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
say you only have 3 items, listed with details in different columns

on a second sheet list the items and next to each your people enter -10 (if they took 10) or +30 if 30 more received into stock. Click a macro button to update sheet 1 and then delete the entry on sheet 2. Sheet 1 is then a fully updated inventory position. On sheet 2 the item number could be a drop down.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Is there anyone who could help me building some macros to work with what I have in mind? Or perhaps someone can tell me if what I had in mind is doable in excel? Would be nice if we wouldn't have to invest in an expensive database software.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Yes you can do this in Excel but you are very unlikely to get the kind of write it for you help you appear to be after.

You'll either need to start teaching yourself VBA including use of forms, pay a 3rd party to do it for you or buy in a bespoke package

Upvote 0
my post 2 is a way forward - are you considering something like this ?

Buying a copy of 2000 microsoft office will have access database......if all else fails

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back