Inventory tracking in Excel??

Excelnewie

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I want to create a 'database' that will track inventory items which pass through an number of warehouses before reaching the customer which are logged at each warehouse.
Supplier --> National warehouse --> state warehouse --> local storage --> store.

Is it possible to track an item (by unique item number) through these various locations WITHOUT using macros or VBA. I have Microsoft forms/lists but will have > 5000 units (rows)

Thanks

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Is it possible to track an item (by unique item number) through these various locations WITHOUT using macros or VBA.
How are you receiving the updated data? Manual entry? an imported file? Once the data is in the excel file that you're trying to update, you can manipulate and update your data without VBA to degree using tables, pivot table and power query.

Also,
What version of Excel are you using?
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Also can you post some sample data, along with expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts

Upvote 0
Hi. Thanks for your response.
I am running windows 10.
Data will be entered manually.
I don't have any data to upload as I am still in the planning phase.
My understanding is that you can't modify a power query/power pivot output

Upvote 0
My understanding is that you can't modify a power query/power pivot output
I believe that is correct but since they are dynamic, you call pull data from them rather than your raw data that you input. You could also enter your data into a table which is also dynamic and easier to pull data from. I would need at least a sample of data and to know which version of Excel you are using. With excel 365, you can use dynamic formulas like xlookup and filter. It makes things faster and easier usually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back