Invoice formulas. VLOOKUP or no?

WongBob

I am trying to build a new invoice spreadsheet for the company I work for. We are going from a day rate system to hourly. What I am trying to do is set it up with one drop down menu for our 4 level pay scale and another with a list of the dozen or so companies we work for with each of those companies being billed at a different rate. The kicker is that depending on the company our guys work for, the rates they bill will change. There is also a changing bonus to bring the total charge up to X amount for a daily total depending on regular time or overtime hours. On top of that there is a modifier that needs to be added per company because the pay grade deduction is not equal across all companies.

Basically I need the following

A(Pay Grade_Dropdown).........B(Modifier)..................C(Company_Dropdown)..........D(Hours).............E(Labor Total From Hours)............F(Bonus)..........................G(Total)
Supervisor -$100 Mickey -$50 Mickey $800 12 $240 (Random Labor Rates) =SUM(A1:C1)-E1 =SUM(E1+F1)
Lead 1 -$200 Goofy $100 Goofy $1000 12 $360 =SUM(A2:C2)-E2 =SUM(E2+F2)
Lead 2 -$300 Pluto -$25 Pluto $500 12 $180 =SUM(A3:C3)-E3 =SUM(E3+F3)
Helper -$400 Donald $25 Donald $650 12 $300 =SUM(A4:C4)-E4 =SUM(E4+F4)

Now, from that it would be simple if the dollar amounts in A:C were on the front page of the spreadsheet, but they can not be. I need to be able to select "Lead 2" and "Mickey" from a dropdown menu, enter hours, and the spreadsheet grab the $800 for Mickey, subtract the $300 for Lead 2 deduction, and also the add in the modifier. The total of the A:C references needs to be subtracted from the E column and entered into the F column as the bonus. The sum of E and F will be the days labor.

Anyone have any idea how I can made this happen?

Thanks,
Wade

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Re: Need help with invoice formulas. VLOOKUP or no?

Couldn't find an edit post button to fix what I was trying to do in the OP.

A(Pay Grade_Dropdown).........B(Modifier)..................C(Company_Dropdown)..........D(Hours).............E(Labor Total From Hours)............F(Bonus)..........................G(Total)

Supervisor -$100....................Mickey -$50 ...............Mickey $800 .........................12......................$240 (Random Labor Rates).........=SUM(A1:C1)-E1...............=SUM(E1+F1)
Lead 1 -$200..........................Goofy $100.................Goofy $1000.........................12......................$360.........................................=SUM(A2:C2)-E2...............=SUM(E2+F2)
Lead 2 -$300..........................Pluto -$25...................Pluto $500............................12......................$180.........................................=SUM(A3:C3)-E3...............=SUM(E3+F3)
Helper -$400..........................Donald $25..................Donald $650.........................12......................$300.........................................=SUM(A4:C4)-E4...............=SUM(E4+F4)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back