Irreparable Error with TRANSPOSE function

Futile Crush

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle with Excel. I made the dear mistake of succeeding in using the TRANSPOSE function, just to copy 10 rows which I easily could have typed out. But then, I wanted to insert a column, it wouldn't let me, so I decided to take the latter columns out of the equation and reselect the new range (excluding the columns I want to shift out of the way), but trouble came up. It wouldn't let me do this, saying that I can't change an array. So, I tried to get out of it, and I couldn't. I deleted the formula then pressed Ctrl+Shift+Enter and it didn't work, I retyped the formula, then limited the range, it didn't work. I even tried saving it so I could close it and reopen it but THAT didn't work either. The most annoying thing is, I can't even CLOSE excel. It prevents me from quitting. The only other solution would be to turn my computer off or log off, but I'd then lose the work I'd already done on there.

Can anyone help me? :confused:

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
what was the specific transpose function you used and where did you put it and how

I transposed a vertical list, going from Q1 to Q10, along a row. Then I wanted to insert a column after Q8, but I couldn't, so I tried to delete Q9 and Q10 from the transpose function and I couldn't, and everything I tried hasn't worked, including deleting the formula, closing the sheet and saving it. I can, however, load up a new sheet.

Upvote 0
try selecting the entire area that the transpose data went into

then try clear contents

Upvote 0
did you try hitting ctrl+shift+enter

The same happened to me many times and when I modify the array I have to hit ctrl+shift+enter instead of just enter. It worked for me...

The other one you can do is by logging into task manager and closing excel. In that case excel always recovers and you dont have to shutdown your computer

Upvote 0
I will remember the task master trick

but there was one more trick

edit-go to-special select current array

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back