Is 6513 mins = 108 hrs 55 mins?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
=ROUNDDOWN(6513/60,0)&" hours, "&MOD(6513,60)&" minutes"

Gave me the result

108 hours, 33 minutes

Remember that you are dividing by 60, not 100. So the .55 decimal you got from 6513/60 is a representation of the fraction of HOUR leftover. If you split off the whole number (108) as the hours, you have 0.55 of an hour left over. Therefore, if you multiply the 0.55 by 60 (minutes in an hour), you would end up with 33.

hth

Upvote 0
No, it's 108 hrs 33 mins

Put 6513 in A1 and this formula in B1

=A1/1440

format B1 as [h]:mm and the result is 108:33

Upvote 0
This is why I absolutely love posting my results and then seeing what the experts come up with. Almost always there is a quicker, more effecient way, that I didn't previously know about, that I can add to my tome of tips! :biggrin:

Upvote 0
It can also be formatted as the op asked:

[h] "hrs" m "mins"

Upvote 0
Thanks alot, sometime I dont know which format to choose when adding all this hugh time data...:biggrin:

Thanks alot guys!

Upvote 0
Nope

Sheet8

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><COLGROUP><COL style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0 3px outset">A</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0 3px outset">B</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0 3px outset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">6513</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">108:33</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #00ff00; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffcf9; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove"><TBODY><TR><TD>Spreadsheet Formulas</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=1><TBODY><TR style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca"><TD>Cell</TD><TD>Formula</TD></TR><TR><TD>B1</TD><TD>=A1/1440</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Sorry but what does 1440 stand for? And when i format it hh:mm it gave me 12:33....:confused:. I'm so foolish:biggrin:...I just donno sometimes...!
I used 108.55/1440 and formatted it hh:mm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1440 is the number of minutes in a day (60*24)

The format needs to be [h]:mm

The square brackets allow display of "elapsed hours", i.e. durations(possibly over 24 hours) rather than "clock times" which don't exceed 23:59

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back