Is Excel better with images or links?

ashley12

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I'm designing a VBA Excel form that allows users to import images, and the part of of the information that included the image will be saved into another sheet for a different user to view.

Should I try to insert the image itself into the sheet or should I put in a link for user to click on? I've never worked with images in Excel before, so would appreciate your insight.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Images in your file will make the Excel file much larger and there may be PC lag on slower machines, when it comes to opening or using the file. You may be better off with links, in my opinion.

Take a look at these they may help

Convert Urls to Images
OR
Stackoverflow

Upvote 0
Images in your file will make the Excel file much larger and there may be PC lag on slower machines, when it comes to opening or using the file. You may be better off with links, in my opinion.

Take a look at these they may help

Convert Urls to Images
OR
Stackoverflow
Thanks Sharid. That's also my first intuition.
I've looked at the pages you recommended, and I have a question (sorry if it's a dump question ?). So if I just store the links in the Excel file and use code to convert the them into the image when user want to see them, would that solve the file size problem?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I'm designing a VBA Excel form that allows users to import images, and the part of of the information that included the image will be saved into another sheet for a different user to view.

Should I try to insert the image itself into the sheet or should I put in a link for user to click on? I've never worked with images in Excel before, so would appreciate your insight.

Thanks
Unless you can make sure all the users can click the links and get the images, I'd suggest embed images in the Excel worrkbook. This is the sure way to make sure all uses can see the images. Using links can reduce the size of the file but are you sure all users will be able to see the images?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back