Is Graphing data from multiple workbooks possible?

Stewy--

I have three different workbooks in my one Excel file. Each one is a different item, but they all have two things in common: A date, and a price.

What I would like to do is combine all of the data together in one graph, instead of what I currently have, which is three seperate graphs. However, being an Excel n00b, I can not figure out how to do this. Can anyone give me the proper context that would allow this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Stewy

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

XLGibbs

If you simply add the series data and point to the other workbook (while it is open) to set the source data, you can have as many workbooks as necessary populating one graph.

Just be sure to TOOLS>OPTIONS> GENERAL>SAVE EXTERNAL VALUES

Stewy--

Hmm, I don't know enough about Excel to understand what you are trying to tell me to do... I shall try to clairify what I'm doing:

Right now I have one workbook, called W1. I am trying to combine the graph of W1, W2, by simply combining these in for the graph data:

Price for W2:

=W2$F$4:$F$21

Price for W1:

=('W1'!$G$4:$G$89,'W1'!$G$92,'W1'!$G$95:$G$110)

However, when I try to combine them, Excel tells me that I have an invalid reference. My date reference is both in columb A, and my price reference is what you see below.

Hopefully this helps you guys understand the problem, and understand just how helpless I am when it comes to this!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
citrus