Is is possible to add searchable text into the same cell, similar to how hashtags work

sibley14

I'm creating a product table in excel containing about 200 products. Each of these products can be used as a component in multiple applications and they can have multiple useful descriptions.
Some products might be usable in 10 or more applications or have similar descriptions.
Rather than having a new column in my table for all of these possible "applications" or searchable terms, which could mean that i have 10+ additional columns, i was wondering if there was an easier way to insert search terms into a cell. For example. Lets' say product 1, could be used in automotive, aerospace, printing, medical, electronics, graphics, packaging and more or even it could have a description like, waterproof, or high temperature resistance.
Is there a way that i can keep these text descriptions into 1 cell but keep them as searchable somehow?
If a user of the sheet wanted to find narrow the list down to products that were used in aerospace, automotive and water resistant, but search these from a list of descriptions is this possible?
My idea is similar to hashtags work e.g. #Automotive #Aerospace #WaterResistant and so on. Hopefully that makes sense.
Hopefully this makes sense!

If anyone has any suggestions, i'd love to know! i've uploaded a screenshot of some existing descriptions that i have in one product cell.

Thanks very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-31 141717.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-31 141717.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back