Is it possable to get excel to add entrys into google calender with a macro?

tonywatsonhelp

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

this is just a general question at this moment to find out how possible it is for excel to add information into a google calendar?

I have a tool hire company, and what I'd like to do is when I hire out an item I have a hire date and a hire end date, I'd like for a macro that takes these dates and shows the name of the item hired an appointment in google calendar?

would this be possible?
if so can anyone guide me to help on how to do it?

any ideas on how I could achieve this?

thanks very much

Tony

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Not without a lot a work and understanding some pretty complex VBA. The problem is the authentication that google uses, OAuth2 isn't trivial in VBA so you need to jump through some hoops to make it work.

If you have outlook installed, it's much easier

Upvote 0
Hi Kyle,
thanks very much for that I thought it might be the case, I ws hoping to find a bit of software out there or an app that would do it but nothing so far,
I've done it to outlook before and it was very straightforward (with everyone on heres help of course! :) ) but this is fighting against 5 years of using google calendar and its hard to get everyone to move over to outlook,

I've found a ad hok way of doing it involving exporting the data to google sheets and then importing it from there but I'm not very good with google sheets code and they don't have a forum like this one to help me so I expect i'll get stuck and won't be able to do this either. well if anyone know of software or a way to do this easily please let me know, otherwise I think i'll give up trying now.

thanks

Tony

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back