Is it possible to carry cells over?

Oscar2016

So I work in accounts payable,

we have hundreds of spreadsheets with different vendors, and we have multiple tabs based on fiscal year.
So my question is when I enter a Invoice number in say tab 1 but after that I have to retype it into another tab I know I can use =a1 but see I input many invoice numbers so the cell changes a1, a2 ,a3 Is it possible to make excel know that I want to input the last cell in a certain column?

if I wasn't clear please let me know ill try and explain better

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
as a formula > =SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($S6:$S2000<>"")*(ROW(S6:S2000)))) will track the physical row in column S

Upvote 0
Oh man that's a kool formula!! but not what I need it tracks the row number,
I'm looking say tab1 in a workbook I want a1 to have the value in tab2 I know using (=and clicking the cell I want would do it) but in tab 2 the cell I want to show in tab 1 is constantly going down s1,s2,s3 and I need to constantly update the formula in tab 1. which is a waste of time. Anyway to have a cell in tab1 show the last cell with info in say column s?

Upvote 0
we played with this at work to pull back values. I don't fully understand it, but it might assist or trigger other ideas

=1+COUNTIFS($A$6:INDIRECT("$A$"&CJ$3),$A6,$B$6:INDIRECT("$B$"&CJ$3),$B6,AF$6:INDIRECT("AF$"&CJ$3),">"&AF6)

Upvote 0
Hey mole I got an idea, what if I can just have a cell say A1, reflect the last cell in column B. LIKE B500 but when is B501 it updates in A1?
that way I can just copy cell A1 in the other sheet?

Upvote 0
I figured it out so from sheet2 where my invoice numbers keep going down(A1,A2,A3) I just tracked the last digit with =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>""),A:A). than whatever that value was I had it copy to sheet 1 using simply (=). lol sweet this is going to save me the trouble of retyping everything twice

Upvote 0
Glad you got something that works

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back