Is it possible to change color of message box and its text?

gandalf

First of all I want to thank everybody who has already helped me out so far and congretulate the creators of this forum.

I want to know if there is a way to change the color of the upper bar (standard = blue) of and/or the message box itself(standard fill = grey)? Is it possible to change the font, color and size of the text in the messagebox?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Von Pookie

MrExcel MVP
If you're talking about a userform you made, then you should be able to make those changes in the VB Editor.

If you're talking about the standard Windows colors, you can right-click on your desktop, choose Properties, then select the Appearance tab.

That tab will allow you to change whatever colors you wish, for the most part.

Hope it helps,

Mark O'Brien

MrExcel MVP
Technically you can change the colour of a msgbox, but this would require changing your Windows display settings and having everything those colours.

You have no control over the font, colour or size of the text in the messagebox either.

For that sort of functionality, you would need to use a Userform.

gandalf

I am talking about the messageboxes which appear while executing a macro giving warnings or tips.

Mark O'Brien

MrExcel MVP

ADVERTISEMENT

The answer is still no.

You would have to trap the errors, clear the errors, and use custom made userforms to display the errors. Which is a lot of work.

Why do you need the colours, fonts etc changed?

gandalf

I just wanted to brighten up the place for everyone. Especially that grey is a very dull color. Nevertheless, thanks for the answer.

Von Pookie

MrExcel MVP

ADVERTISEMENT

On 2002-10-16 10:57, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Technically you can change the colour of a msgbox, but this would require changing your Windows display settings and having everything those colours.

You have no control over the font, colour or size of the text in the messagebox either.

For that sort of functionality, you would need to use a Userform.

Actually, Mark, you can change the font and size of the message box through the Display panel by using the Appearance tab. You could either select the color scheme you want from the first drop down list, or select a specific item in the next one.

Just choose "message box" from that second list, and you'll be able to change the font, size, color, even make it bold or italics.

You can also do it for a ton of other things as well, even the fonts used to label the desktop icons.

(I play around with desktop themes a lot, so I'm always messing with these settings somehow :) )

Gandalf, judging by what you've stated, I think using the Display panel will give you what you're looking for.
_________________<font color="#3399FF" size="3">Kristy</font>
kitten_smush2.jpg

This message was edited by Von Pookie on 2002-10-16 12:03

Mark O'Brien

MrExcel MVP
Yeah, but don't you have to change everything? Besides, I'm assuming Gandalf is looking to give this spreadsheet to lots of people on different machines. It would be a hee-yuge pain in the butt to do that programmatically. (although it would be fairly simple using "SendKeys" and a whole lot of fun seeing people panic when the "ghosts" take over their computer.)

:)

Von Pookie

MrExcel MVP
Eh, gandalf was a bit vague, to be honest. I just went with my first assumption on the matter.
shrug.gif

Mark O'Brien

MrExcel MVP
On 2002-10-16 16:51, Von Pookie wrote:
Eh, gandalf was a bit vague, to be honest. I just went with my first assumption on the matter.
shrug.gif

And what do people say about "assume".

:biggrin:

I've had a great day today. (not) I'm in a really picky mood, which is why beer shall be imbibed this very evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Springbok

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back