Is it possible to creat a spreadsheet from a paper catalog?

mikehende

I have a paper catalog of products and pricing from a Distributor but at 100 pages and thousands of products I am first seeking an option to create a spreadsheet somehow by scanning each page of the catalog, is this possible in any way please? If not, any other options please?

I found this great free and super easy software to convert from pdf to excel, just thought I'd share with you guys:

PDF to Excel Converter

Minor problem, when converted a few of the top rows were smaller in height than regular so I had to manually drag down the rows to expand them and so not equal to the rest, I searched the net for a way to make all cells or rows and columns the same size or back to regular but can't find an answer I am understanding, any ideas please?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Ok guys, I scanned 200 pages of products directly into excel using Abby's trial version, as one of you told me, there are a few mistakes so I'll have to go through every page to see what needs editing. Regarding the OCR software which came with this printer Epson 840 [I'll look for the disc on the weekend], does it work like Abby Fine print Reader and scan directly into excel?

Upvote 0
I found this great free and super easy software to convert from pdf to excel, just thought I'd share with you guys:

PDF to Excel Converter

Minor problem, when converted a few of the top rows were smaller in height than regular so I had to manually drag down the rows to expand them and so not equal to the rest, I searched the net for a way to make all cells or rows and columns the same size or back to regular but can't find an answer I am understanding, any ideas please?

well, I just know such one useful blog for your reference: Free Online Product e-Catalogs Maker | XFlip Blog

Hi, mike, thanks for your problem, your topic is really very useful, you could find some solution by google search easily!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back